A tree was growing out of one of the chimney stacks.  One of the clay stacks was broken and laying on the roof.  From the ground I could see that tuck pointing was needed, so I decided to have a roof/chimney company come out and take a look, Shepard Roofing and Home Improvement.  I decided to trust that the urgency for repair he shared was legit, so I moved forward with allowing him (and his nephew) do the work.  It took 3 days, but the final product looks amazing.  Definitely a noticeable difference.  He also said that from what he could see the flute looks sounds all the way down, so there is a chance I could have a functional fireplace.  That would be awesome, so before next winter I’ll have a chimney sweep company come out the give an official opinion.

4 Comments

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s