I was able to remove the yellow electrical permit from my front window today. I passed the electrical inspection. Of all the things my father said we could tackle, this was the one I had most doubt. I have a healthy fear of electrocution and electrical fires. My house had already survived one fire in its past, so I most certainly didn’t want to cause another.
HOWEVER, although physically taxing (pulling stiff wire through small holes above your head is no joke) I will never doubt my ability to tackle a project like this again. I saved $1000s by doing the work myself and learned a great deal thanks to my father and my resident licensed electrician that stepped in when needed, Paul McGhee.